Indications for Blepharoplasty:
- Tired, listless appearance.
- Loss of peripheral vision due to droopy skin.
- Excess or sagging skin above the eyelids.
- Fat deposits under the eyes.
Blepharoplasty Intended Result:
- To achieve a more energetic, alert, and youthful appearance.
- To eliminate the constant “tired” look caused by excess skin above and/or puffiness below the eyelids.
- To restore proper visual acuity.
- To improve overall appearance and self image, regardless of the original indication for surgery.
Who Are The Most Suitable Candidates for Eyelid Lift Surgery?
The ideal candidate for eyelid surgery is someone with puffy eyelids with loose and baggy skin. Typically, these patients are in their late thirties and upward although some people with a family history of sagging eyelids might opt to have eyelid surgery sooner.
How we perform the Eyelid Lift Procedure
An incision is made along the natural lines and creases of the eyelids. This enables the plastic surgeon to remove excess skin, fat, and muscle if indicated. The incisions are then closed with very fine sutures.
How Long Does A Blepharoplasty Procedure Take?
A blepharoplasty can take from one to three hours depending on the complexity of the procedure. This surgery is done on an outpatient basis with general or local anesthesia. You will be able to rest following your surgery in the comfort of your own home.
Can The Upper and Lower Lids Be Done Simultaneously?
Absolutely. This is an ideal combination to obtain maximal improvement and rejuvenation about the eyes.
Eyelid Lift Recovery & Aftercare:
- Patients may experience some degree of bruising and swelling to progressively resolve over ten to fourteen days.
- Bed rest the day of surgery.
- Limited activity for the next three to five days following surgery.
- Avoid strenuous activities for about one to two weeks.
- Return to work within seven to ten days.
How Long Blepharoplasty Results Last
An eyelid lift will make you look years younger. The effects will last for quite some time; for many people, it lasts forever.
What Are The Risks And Complications Involved With Having Eyelid Surgery?
As with any surgery, there are risks involved. Some minor complications include blurred vision for several days, dry eye, swelling and bruising. Several medical conditions make eyelid surgery more risky. Hypothyroidism and Graves’ disease, dry eye or lack of sufficient tears, circulatory disorders, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, detached retina, and glaucoma all increase the risk of complications.
Dr. Miller suggests that you consult with your ophthalmologist if you have or have had any of these conditions. Dr. Stephen Miller will fully present the risks and complications to you during your consultation. Having a qualified plastic surgeon perform your surgery minimizes the likelihood of complications.
How To Hide The Scars From Blepharoplasties
The scars may remain slightly pink for six months or longer. However, they eventually fade into a thin, white line that is practically invisible. In addition, there are some wonderful camouflage cosmetics that are designed specifically to conceal and/or disguise the scars.
Are There Blepharoplasty Options That Don't Produce Scars?
Dr. Miller may perform a transconjunctival blepharoplasty on younger patients with good skin elasticity. When a pocket of fat exists under the lower eyelids, but no skin needs to be removed. With this procedure, the incision is made inside your lower eyelid so you will not have any visible scar.
Being In the Sun After Eyelid Surgery
Sunglasses should be worn while outdoors, as the eyes will probably be sensitive to the light. Sun protection, with at least an SPF of 15, should be used for the first six months after surgery. It is always a good idea to protect the skin from the damaging rays of the sun regardless.
If I Have Wine Or A Mixed Drink After Surgery, Will It Affect My Eyes?
Alcohol may cause fluid retention so Dr. Miller will probably recommend that you temporarily avoid it.
Will An Eyelid Lift Affect My Eyesight?
In the first few weeks following surgery, your eyes may tear excessively, be more sensitive to light and have a hard time focusing. This is all temporary. Dr. Miller may recommend eye drops since you may experience some burning or itching, and your eyelids may feel dry.
- Blepharoplasty is usually deemed cosmetic unless the original indication for surgery was for visual field obstruction or ptosis. Our Las Vegas office will work with your insurance company to determine the scope of your benefits.
- A facelift, mini facelift, or laser surgery may be performed in conjunction with the blepharoplasty procedure.
- Non surgical procedures may include BOTOX injections or injectable fillers.
*Please discuss these additional options with Dr Stephen Miller.
Eyelid Lift Pricing:
- $4400.00+ Starting Cost for upper or lower
Ready to Take The Next Step? Schedule A Consultation In Las Vegas, NV
Get answers to your blepharoplasty questions find out if eyelid surgery is right for you. Call 702-369-1001 today to schedule a free consultation with board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Stephen Miller. Our office is in Las Vegas, and we serve patients from Henderson, Summerlin and nearby areas of Nevada.