One of the most popular plastic surgery procedures in the country, breast augmentation has helped millions of patients achieve full, balanced and beautiful breasts. Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Stephen Miller has performed thousands of breast augmentation procedures and understands that the keys to elegant, natural-looking results lie in personalized, patient-focused care – never a one-size-fits-all approach.
While many patients seek out Dr. Miller for his outstanding credentials and proven history of gorgeous, world-class results, it is his integrity, compassion and commitment to excellence that help to build life-long relationships and earn referrals from thrilled patients.
To learn more about breast augmentation and how Stephen M. Miller M.D. can help you achieve your goals, contact our office today online or at 702-369-1001 to schedule a free consultation. Our friendly office in Las Vegas welcomes patients from Henderson, Summerlin and neighboring Nevada communities.
Learn more about breast augmentation below:
- What Is Breast Augmentation?
- Benefits of Breast Augmentation Surgery
- Am I a Good Breast Enlargement Candidate?
- Types of Breast Implants
- Determining Ideal Breast Implant Sizes
- Breast Implant Incision Options
- Options for Breast Implant Placement
- Breast Augmentation Revision
- Breast Augmentation Recovery
- How Long Do Breast Implants Last?
- How Much Does Breast Augmentation Cost?
- Schedule Your Free Breast Augmentation Consultation Today
WHAT IS BREAST AUGMENTATION?
Breast augmentation, also known as breast enlargement, breast enhancement or a “boob job”, is a surgical breast procedure designed to increase the size of the breasts with the use of implants. Not only can the procedure improve the size of your breasts, it can improve their shape, symmetry and the appearance of cleavage.
While breast augmentation can address a variety of aesthetic issues, it cannot correct sagging, droopy breasts on its own. In some cases, patients require a breast lift in addition to augmentation in order to achieve optimal results.
BENEFITS OF BREAST AUGMENTATION SURGERY
Breast augmentation can dramatically affect more than just the size of your breasts. By giving your body a more balanced and proportionate contour, it can improve your entire appearance and self-esteem.
Breast augmentation provides several aesthetic and practical benefits, including:
- Improved breast shape
- Improved breast projection
- Improved breast symmetry
- Restored breast volume
- More attractive cleavage
- Expanded wardrobe options and appearance in bathing suits and lingerie
Dr. Miller and every member of our staff values your individuality and personal goals. Dr. Miller will work closely with you to understand what you want to accomplish with your procedure, and he will set realistic expectations for your surgery.
“My life has been CHANGED by this man and his wonderful staff…All my life I’ve been so insecure about my breasts and have been dreaming of the day I could finally get implants…3 weeks post-op, my breasts look gorgeous, and my confidence is radiating. I can’t thank you enough, Dr. Miller!!!” -Elizabeth, Google Review
AM I A GOOD BREAST ENLARGEMENT CANDIDATE?
Successful breast augmentation relies on the elegant union of your existing breast tissue and the type of implant, placement and incision you choose.
The first step in achieving the full, attractive bust you want is to meet with Dr. Miller for a free initial consultation.
During this important confidential meeting, Dr. Miller will perform a thorough examination and take your measurements. This process, in addition to physically modeling implant samples beneath your clothing, will help to ensure that the size and shape of your implants compliment your figure.
Certain factors can affect your candidacy for breast enlargement. Dr. Miller will review your health and medical history during your initial consultation and determine if the procedure is right for you. Generally speaking, you are likely a good candidate for breast augmentation surgery if you:
- Are at least 18 years old for saline implants or 22 years old for silicone implants
- Have not been diagnosed with cancer or pre-cancer condition
- Do not have an autoimmune disorder
- Do not smoke or are willing to quit prior to your surgery and throughout your recovery
- Have adequate breast tissue
- Have fully developed breasts
- Are near your ideal weight
- Are in good general physical health
The list above is generalized and not intended to serve as a substitute for meeting personally with Dr. Miller to discuss your candidacy. The best way to know if breast enlargement is right for you is to call us today and schedule your free, no-obligation consultation with Dr. Miller.
TYPES OF BREAST IMPLANTS
One of the most important decisions you will make for your tailored breast augmentation procedure will be which type of implant to place in your surgery. Dr. Miller offers the following safe, attractive implant options to meet your individual goals.
- Saline: This type of implant is essentially a thin, flexible silicone pocket. Saline implants are usually inserted into the breasts while empty and filled with saline (salt water) after they are ideally positioned. This method typically allows for a smaller incision and a slightly shorter scar. Another advantage of silicone implants is that in the event of a rupture, the saline is absorbed safely and naturally by your body.
- Silicone: This type of implant is filled with a very thick silicone gel and designed to mimic the feel of human fat. Unlike saline implants, which are filled after placement, silicone implants are pre-filled and inserted whole. Due the thickness of the cohesive silicone gel, these implants look and feel very natural and are less likely to exhibit visible rippling.
- Gummy bear: This type of implant is a popular variety of silicone implants and made from high-strength silicone gel. This stronger and thicker form of silicone holds its shape better and is less likely to break and leak. Much like its namesake candy, gummy bear implants can retain their shape, even when cut in half.
There is no “right” type of breast implant. Your body and goals are completely unique, and the ideal implant for one patient may not be best for another. Dr. Miller will discuss your implant options and help you make an informed decision about which is right for you.
DETERMINING IDEAL BREAST IMPLANT SIZES
You may already have an idea of the breast size you’d like to attain with your procedure. Many factors must be considered when determining the right size for your implants. Breast implants themselves are measured by volume, not cup size, and the ideal volume of your breast implants depends on your unique anatomy, measurements and desired results.
When choosing the best implants for you, Dr. Miller will first discuss your goals for the surgery. He will also review before-and-after pictures with you to better understand the look you’d like to achieve. Finally, you will try on physical implant samples to ensure you choose the size of implant that compliments your frame and meets your expectations.
Dr. Miller will work with you to ensure your aesthetic and physical goals are met with a safe treatment plan for your breast augmentation.
BREAST IMPLANT INCISION OPTIONS
Dr. Miller offers two options for incision placement:
- Inframammary incision: This type of incision is made in the fold under the breast.
- Periareolar incision: This type of incision is made at the outer edge of the areola, following the curve that separates the darker skin of the nipple from the rest of the breast.
The best incision for your procedure will be determined during your initial consultation with Dr. Miller. He will explain the merits of each incision type and recommend the option that is best suited for your individualized procedure.
OPTIONS FOR BREAST IMPLANT PLACEMENT
In addition to identifying your preferred type of breast implant and incision location, you’ll also work with Dr. Miller to determine the best implant placement for your procedure. Dr. Miller will consider your goals, explain your options and recommend the most appropriate placement option for your breast implants.
In breast augmentation surgery, there are two options for implant placement:
- Submuscular implant placement: Meaning “under the muscle,” submuscular implant placement is typically the most popular choice. This is because submuscular placement tends to produce less noticeable outlines of the implants, providing a more natural-looking result. This placement option has also been shown to interfere less with mammogram testing.
- Subglandular implant placement: Meaning “under the gland” or “above the muscle”, subglandular implant placement may be an appropriate option if you have adequate breast tissue to create smooth, natural-looking contour of the upper breast. This placement option can offer some women the most natural-looking results.
Dr. Miller has performed thousands of breast augmentation procedures and is exceptionally skilled at both submuscular and subglandular implant placements. During your initial consultation, he will evaluate your situation, explain the pros and cons of both placement methods and recommend the option that is best suited for your body and implant choice. The decision will ultimately be based on your unique needs and aesthetic goals.
BREAST AUGMENTATION REVISION
Whether due to a complication, evolving aesthetic tastes or an unsatisfying job by a previous surgeon, breast augmentation may occasionally require revision surgery. Dr. Miller has extensive experience with helping patients change the size or type of their implants or correct issues from a prior surgery.
“My wife had a ruptured and a leaking silicone breast implant. She wanted quick access to a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. The majority of local surgeons were not available. Dr. Miller saw her within several days with a prompt surgery. Dr. Miller was superb as were his staff!” -Gary, Google Review
BREAST AUGMENTATION RECOVERY
Just as there are no two patients who are entirely the same, everyone recovers at their own rate. Recovery periods can vary depending on the physical condition and healing mechanisms of an individual, as well as the placement of the breast implant: submuscular or subglandular.
Although every person is unique, patients should consider the following factors for their post-operative recovery:
- Transportation: It’s important to arrange a ride to and from your procedure. You cannot drive for 48 hours following surgery.
- Activity: You are encouraged to move as soon as you can after surgery. You may walk and climb stairs immediately following the procedure. You may resume moderate activity after two weeks, but don’t exert yourself or lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk for at least six weeks after surgery. In most cases, you can resume regular activities and strenuous aerobic exercise after six weeks.
- Work: Depending on the physical demands of your job, most patients are able to return to work in about a week after surgery.
- Bathing: During the first 48 hours following your procedure, you may shower and wash your hair, but do not take a bath or submerge your chest in water. If your dressing gets wet in the shower, just gently pat it dry.
- Wound care: Do not remove your dressing at home. Dr. Miller will remove your dressing at your first post-operative visit.
- Smoking and alcohol: Smoking can impede proper healing and lead to serious complications, so refrain from smoking for the first several weeks after surgery. Likewise, alcohol consumption can worsen bleeding and pose serious dangers when mixed with pain medication.
Dr. Miller will provide you with detailed pre and postoperative instructions prior to your surgery. It is crucial that you follow his instructions carefully throughout every stage of your recovery and maintain regularly-scheduled follow-up appointments.
Once you are a patient of Dr. Miller, you are a part of his patient family for life. We encourage you to reach out any time you have a question or concern regarding your treatment or recovery.
HOW LONG DO BREAST IMPLANTS LAST?
Breast implants can last for up to a decade. The lifespan of a breast implant depends on several factors. The FDA has regulated this and typically, implant removal or revision will take place to ensure that you and your implants are in good health.
HOW MUCH DOES BREAST AUGMENTATION COST?
Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Stephen Miller has performed thousands of beautiful, natural-looking breast augmentation procedures and takes pride in consistently delivering quality, individualized care. We know that cost is an important factor for many of our patients, and although it can be tempting to seek out lesser-priced procedures, your health, safety and quality of results are too important to trust to just anyone based on the lowest rate you can find.
Like almost anything, you get what you pay for. By choosing a board-certified plastic surgeon for your surgery, you can rest assured that your procedure will meet the highest standards of safety and quality.
We understand your concerns and make every effort to provide unparalleled care while remaining competitive. The price of breast augmentation varies from patient to patient depending on a variety of factors, including the type of implant chosen and whether additional procedures are performed in addition to breast enlargement, such as a breast lift. At your consultation, the scope of your procedure will be determined and costs will be calculated.
Below is a list of prices for some of the breast augmentation services offered by Dr. Miller. If you wish to learn more, be sure to call our office to speak with our knowledgeable staff or book an appointment at our Las Vegas office:
- Saline: $4650.00
- First level gummy implant: $5750.00
- Second level Gummy Implant: $6750.00
- Most Gummy Implant: $7750.00
Breast Augmentation FAQs
How can I prepare for breast augmentation?
Find someone you trust to take you to and from the hospital and stay with you for the first few days after breast augmentation. Gather loose-fitting clothing you can wear to the hospital and at home. Tops that zip or button in the front are more comfortable and easier to put on after breast surgery. You can also create a healing space in your home with pillows, healthy snacks, water bottles, electronics chargers, over-the-counter pain medicines, and other must-haves during breast augmentation recovery. Some patients prepare and freeze nutritious meals so they don’t have to rely on cooking or ordering out.
How long does the breast augmentation procedure take?
Breast enhancement may take one or more hours. How long your breast augmentation surgery lasts depends on your unique needs, anatomy, and other factors. Combining breast augmentation with breast lift, tummy tuck, liposuction, or another plastic surgery will lengthen the surgical time.
Will I need a breast lift and breast implants?
Many women have breast sagging in addition to volume loss and may need to elevate and enhance their busts for optimal results. Breast augmentation may be combined with breast lift if you have breasts that droop significantly with nipples that extend past the breast crease. Dr. Miller will evaluate your breasts and the quality of your skin tissue during your consultation, and he may recommend one or both breast procedures.
What will my breast augmentation scars look like?
Breast augmentation scarring depends on the incision site used to place the breast implant. Dr. Miller places breast implants using the inframammary incision (along the fold or crease beneath the breast) or periareolar incision (around the areola). The periareolar approach conceals the incision line within the darker pigment of the nipples, and the weight of the breasts often covers the surgical line under the breasts with the inframammary technique. Regardless of their location, breast augmentation scars will fade significantly within the first year.
Do I need someone to stay with me after breast augmentation?
Patients should have a close friend or family member come to the hospital with them and stay for the first one to two days after breast enlargement. Those first few days of recovery require lots of rest. A support person can make sure you’re staying hydrated, eating well, and following post-op instructions so you can focus on healing.
Will my breast implants need replacing?
Breast implants do not last a lifetime, and the timing of implant replacement surgery depends on the patient. The Food & Drug Administration (FDA) approves breast implants for 10 to 20 years. Some patients may replace their breast implants every decade, while others wait longer and only have one or two replacement procedures in their lifetime. It may be time to replace your breast implants if you develop asymmetrical breasts or breast tenderness, firmness, discomfort, deflation, or other signs that the implant may have ruptured or leaked.
How soon after giving birth can I have breast augmentation?
The timing of breast augmentation after childbirth is different for every woman. Pregnancy causes numerous changes to the breasts and body, and healing from that physical stress takes time. Women should wait at least six months after childbirth to consider breast augmentation for optimal safety and results. Women who breastfeed must wait at least six weeks (and up to several months) after they wean their child to give the breast tissue time to adjust and settle after lactation.
Will my nipple sensation change?
You may experience a temporary loss of nipple sensation after breast enhancement. Most women report regaining nipple feeling within six to 12 months of their procedure, but a small percentage may experience permanent nipple changes.
SCHEDULE YOUR FREE BREAST AUGMENTATION CONSULTATION IN LAS VEGAS!
If you desire a change in the size and shape of your breasts, please call 702-369-1001 or fill out the appointment request form below to schedule a free initial consultation with board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Stephen Miller. We proudly serve patients from Las Vegas, Henderson, Summerlin and nearby areas in Nevada.