Laser skin resurfacing is one of the most popular ways to improve skin tone and texture. Also known as a laser peel, laser skin resurfacing is a facial rejuvenation treatment that removes dead and dull skin cells using concentrated beams of light. It also boosts collagen production.
There are many different imperfections and blemishes that laser skin resurfacing can treat. It is great for addressing targeted concerns such as fine lines, acne scars, and sun damage. However, it is just as effective at making your skin look much younger and healthier in general.
Laser skin resurfacing is a safe way to dramatically enhance the appearance of your skin. However, it is important to choose a skilled provider to avoid any potential complications. Dr. Stephen Miller is a board-certified plastic surgeon who truly understands laser devices.
Who Is A Good Candidate for Laser Skin Resurfacing?
Laser skin resurfacing is ideal for patients who are looking to address superficial, and moderate to deep lines and wrinkles on the face due to age, hormonal changes, stress, and sun damage. Especially those wrinkles found around the eyes, lips, forehead and cheeks. This treatment is also used to correct surface irregularities such as acne scarring and pitting.
How is Laser Skin Resurfacing Performed?
Using the safest and state-of-the-art lasers, Las Vegas plastic surgeon Dr. Stephen Miller will pass a “wand-like” mechanism over the areas to be treated. The laser administers a high-energy controlled beam of light that vaporizes scarred, lined, wrinkles, and other skin imperfections without the use of scalpels or stitches. The laser stimulates the production of collagen, creating a tightening of the skin. Once the damaged skin is removed, softer, smoother, younger-looking skin is revealed.
“Dr. Stephen Miller and his staff are the absolute best! I feel more beautiful now than I ever had before. They are very patient, professional and just kind..” — Tamish R. (Google Review)
How Long Will the Results of Laser Skin Resurfacing Last?
The effects of laser skin resurfacing can last for many years. The longevity of your results will vary based on individual factors, such as the type of laser and the intensity of your session.
You can easily get the most out of your results with good aftercare, which includes:
- Following the post-treatment instructions
- Applying sunscreen every day
- Using professional-grade skincare products
- Eating a well-balanced diet
- Drinking plenty of water
How Long Does Laser Skin Resurfacing Take?
Laser treatments can take anywhere from a few minutes to hours depending on the number of areas to be treated.
This procedure is done on an outpatient basis. Some sedation may be given, either locally or by IV, depending on the depth of the treatment administered.
What Results Can I Expect from Laser Skin Resurfacing?
- To reduce lines and wrinkles on the face, revealing a softer, smoother, and more youthful appearance.
- To soften and smooth out acne scars.
- To repair sun damage.
- To stimulate regeneration of healthy skin cells and collagen.
- To achieve smoother, fresher, more youthful-looking skin.
How Do I Prepare for Laser Skin Resurfacing?
There is minimal preparation involved with laser skin resurfacing. In general, you will need to:
- Avoid sun tanning and artificial tanning
- Use sunscreen regularly
- Drink water and apply moisturizer
- Stop applying exfoliating skincare products like retinol
- Steer clear of medications that cause photosensitivity
- Let our doctor know if you have a history of cold sores
What Is Recovery & Aftercare Like For Laser Skin Resurfacing?
- Minor discomfort following the procedure.
- Bed rest following the procedure is recommended.
- Light activity for the first week.
- Resume normal activity in about 10-14 days.
- In the first few days following the procedure, your skin will weep as new collagen is formed to rebuild the skin from the bottom up. Skin must be kept moist with liberally applied ointments to prevent crusting.
- Patients may expect swelling to progressively resolve over the first several days and the initial redness to fade to pinkness over the first few weeks.
- Make-up can usually be resumed after 7-10 days.
- Apply sunblock of at least SPF 15 when in the sun.
How Often Can I Undergo Laser Skin Resurfacing?
It is rare for a single laser appointment to correct all of your skin concerns. You will likely need to schedule a series of laser treatments to achieve the most significant change in your complexion. Typically, you can repeat laser resurfacing as many times as needed to achieve your skin goals.
The ideal frequency of laser skin resurfacing can vary. It is important to take factors such as the device, treatment strength, and depth of treatment into consideration. Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Stephen Miller will gladly create a custom schedule based on your unique needs.
Can I Combine Laser Skin Resurfacing With Other Procedures?
Laser skin resurfacing is often one step in a facial rejuvenation plan. It may pair well with non-surgical options such as Hydrafacial. It can also complement the results of facial plastic surgery procedures like an eyelid lift or a facelift. However, these are not done all at once.
Schedule Your Consultation Today!
For more information about laser skin resurfacing options, please call 702-369-1001 today to schedule your initial consultation. Dr. Stephen Miller and his team serve patients in Las Vegas, Henderson, Summerlin and nearby areas of Nevada.