IPL Photorejuvenation is a revolutionary procedure. IPL, which stands for Intense Pulsed Light, uses photo rejuvenation to address sun damage or aging skin. After a few short sessions, your skin could be glowing and smooth again.
IPL Skin Rejuvenation can be used for the treatment of birthmarks, freckles, age spots, unsightly veins, Rosacea, unwanted hair and acne scarring. IPL is effective, non-invasive and generally pain-free.
What are the Benefits of IPL Photorejuvenation?
- State-of-the-art laser and IPL technology
- Improves the texture of your skin
- Removes freckles and age spots
- Immediate, visible improvement after just a few sessions
Who Is a Candidate for IPL Photorejuvenation?
IPL is ideal for people with fair to medium skin tones. Individuals with darker skin may not be good candidates because melanin absorbs light energy and can increase the risk of side effects. If you have a deeper skin tone, you may want to consider other treatments.
If you have a lighter skin tone and want to improve your complexion, there is a good chance IPL photofacials are the perfect option. However, a consultation is the only way to know for sure.
Other signs that you are a good candidate for IPL include:
- You have stubborn pigmentation issues
- You are dealing with unwanted facial redness
- You prefer a treatment with minimal recovery time
- You are in good general health
- You have a positive attitude and reasonable expectations
How Do I Prepare for IPL?
There are several things that you will need to do to get ready for your IPL treatment. We will provide instructions to ensure that you get the most out of your IPL sessions in Las Vegas.
Before having an IPL photofacial, you may be asked to:
- Avoid sun tanning and fake tanning
- Wear SPF to protect your skin from sun exposure
- Stop using irritating topical products such as retinol
- Avoid waxing or using depilatories
- Stop smoking
- Moisturize regularly
Is IPL Photorejuvenation Painful?
IPL treatments are usually described as mildly uncomfortable. Some people notice a pinching sensation, while others compare it to the feeling of a rubber band snapping briefly against the skin. It is also normal for your skin to feel warm as the device passes over the treatment area.
The experience varies from one patient to the next. However, your comfort is our priority. Topical numbing cream may be available to help minimize the discomfort associated with IPL treatment.
Keep in mind that these sessions are over quickly. They usually take just thirty short minutes.
What Is Recovery Like for IPL Photorejuvenation?
Generally, the recovery associated with IPL photorejuvenation is minimal. It is known to have faster healing times than most laser skin treatments. You can likely resume your normal routine right away. However, you may feel as though you have a sunburn where you were treated.
Most side effects of IPL will fade within one to two days of the procedure. You will need to practice good aftercare during this time. Avoiding unprotected sun exposure is crucial. If blemishes on your skin darken or scab, do not pick at them. These are normal skin responses.
What Should I Expect From My Results?
Some patients might see an improvement in certain complexion issues right away. However, you can generally expect that the results from your IPL sessions will appear gradually. Most people need to complete multiple rounds of this treatment to achieve the best skin outcomes.
If you love your results, you can easily maintain them with follow-up treatments. After all, your skin deserves these regular appointments that can keep it looking clear, even, and youthful!
Dr. Miller and his experienced team can also recommend other services to enhance your results. We offer popular options such as Hydrafacial, chemical peels, and injectables.
How IPL Photorejuvenation Works
IPL involves the use of light to treat the entire face and during a session, your skin will be exposed to intense light pulses. A cold gel is applied to the area to be treated before the procedure begins and then the light is allowed to penetrate the skin, targeting unwanted cells which are causing blemishes such as freckles and age spots. The blemishes are destroyed by the intense light leaving the surrounding healthy skin tissue untouched.
IPL provides a gradual improvement to the skin condition which is fully effective within around four to six treatments. The sessions only last around 30 minutes, so you can get on with your day. You can see the effects of IPL almost immediately; your skin will show a marked improvement with uneven pigmented patches being diminished or disappearing entirely.
- “I had the best experience while i was under Dr. Miller’s care. His office staff is friendly and very professional. I felt comfortable the moment I met Dr. Miller and his assistant Lacy. They explained each phase of the process to me and was supportive. If I elected to have future work done, I would absolutely return to Dr, Millers office. I refer everyone I know and network with to the mans with gifted hands. Thank you, Dr. Miller and Lacy!” – T.M.
- “Dr. Miller is the best cosmetic surgeon in Las Vegas, NV, hands down. Dr. Miller and he was friendly and knowledgeable and the staff was great each time I went into the office. I have recommended Stephen M. Miller, MD, PC, FACS – Plastic Surgeon to my friends, family, and coworkers. Amazing and so satisfied with the results so happy.” – W.S.
- “Dr. Miller, Kelly, and the rest of his staff are truly amazing, and I don’t say that lightly. They take the time to answer all of your questions make sure you are comfortable and aware of everything going on. Dr. Miller came highly recommended to me by a close friend and after meeting with him I knew he was the Dr for me.” – P.Z.