Pregnancy, weight loss, genetics and gravity can all make your breasts sag and lose their shape. If you feel self-conscious about the appearance of drooping breasts, board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Stephen Miller can restore the youthful position of your breasts and boost your self-confidence with breast lift surgery.
To learn if a breast lift, also known as mastopexy, is right for you, please call Stephen M. Miller M.D. today at 702-369-1001 to schedule a free initial consultation. We help women from Las Vegas, Henderson, Summerlin and nearby areas in Nevada.
On this page, we discuss the following topics:
- What Is a Breast Lift?
- Benefits of Breast Lift Surgery
- Is Mastopexy Right for Me?
- The Breast Lift Procedure
- Breast Lift Incision Options
- Combining a Breast Lift with Breast Augmentation
- Breast Lift Recovery
- Why Choose Stephen M. Miller M.D. as Your Breast Lift Surgeon?
- How Much Does a Breast Lift Cost?
- Schedule Your Free Breast Lift Consultation Today
Breast lifts are surgical breast procedures designed to address moderate to severe issues of breast sagging. Breast lifts can give you a perky, youthful figure and boost your self-esteem by:
- Raising the breasts
- Minimizing the size of the areola
- Repositioning the nipples
Breast Lift Before And After
Breasts lifts are among the most popular plastic surgery procedures in the nation, and for good reason. Women choose to undergo the procedure to attain a wide range of benefits, which include:
- Firmer, shapelier breasts: If you have noticed that your breasts, which were round and firm in your 20s, are now sagging and pendulous, mastopexy can restore their look and feel.
- Improved breast position: If you’ve experienced the effects of aging and gravity or have successfully lost considerable weight, you may notice that your breasts rest in a lower position than they once did. Although a good bra may help, surgery may be necessary to remove sagging tissue and lift your breasts to a more attractive position.
- Younger appearance: Unlike young adult women, older women’s breasts have typically succumbed to the forces of time and gravity, weight fluctuations and child bearing. A breast lift can help you regain your youthful shape.
- Restored self-confidence: Drooping, pendulous breasts can adversely affect your self-image. Following your mastopexy, your breasts will be perky and attractive, helping you to feel more confident in your appearance.
A breast lift may be beneficial if you would like to improve the contour, position and overall appearance of your breasts. Generally speaking, good breast lift candidates:
- Want to create a more youthful breast appearance by correcting sagging issues
- Are generally healthy
- Are not currently pregnant or breastfeeding
- Do not smoke or are willing to quit prior to the procedure and throughout recovery
- Have realistic expectations for what the procedure can accomplish
The best way to know if mastopexy is right for you is to meet personally with Dr. Miller in a confidential, free initial consultation. During this pivotal step in the process, Dr. Miller will work to understand your goals and concerns, answer your questions and explain all of your treatment options. He will determine your candidacy and set realistic expectations for what the procedure can and cannot achieve.
A breast lift, like any cosmetic procedure, is not a one-size-fits-all endeavor. Your mastopexy will be fully customized, based on your unique body type and specific goals. Breast lifts are out-patient procedures and typically completed in less than two hours. During surgery, Dr. Miller will remove excess skin, tighten remaining skin, reshape the breast mound and reposition the nipple and areola.
Many women choose to combine a breast lift with breast augmentation to enhance the size of the breasts while lifting them to a more youthful position. Dr. Miller will discuss your customized treatment plan, including incision options, during your initial consultation.
Breast Lift Before & After Photos
To view more breast lift before and after photos, click here!
Dr. Miller creates strategic incisions to lift and re-shape your breast tissue. The incisions are designed to be as discreet as possible, and are chosen based on a variety of considerations, such as the degree of sagging you are currently experiencing that must be corrected.
Based on the specific details of your unique situation, Dr. Miller will recommend one of the following incision types:
- Donut lift: This procedure involves an incision made around the nipple. It is the least invasive and most discreet incision option, and best suited for women with smaller breasts and only mild sagging issues.
- Lollipop lift: Also known as a vertical lift, the lollipop lift is performed by making one circular incision around the areola and one vertical incision from the areola to the inframammary fold (breast crease).
- Anchor lift: Sometimes called an inverted T lift, anchor lifts involve one incision around the outer edge of the areola, one vertical incision from the areola’s lower edge to the breast crease and one along the inframammary fold.
- Crescent lift: Using this technique, Dr. Miller will make a small incision that extends partially around the edge of the upper half of the areola, in a crescent shape.
The incision type that is best for your procedure will be determined by the shape of your breasts and the degree of your ptosis. Dr. Miller will discuss his recommended approach and all of your options during your initial consultation.
Mastopexy is performed to create a tighter and improved overall shape and appearance of the breasts. However, a breast lift alone cannot enhance the volume or size of your breasts. Depending on your unique physical attributes and aesthetic goals, you may choose to combine a breast augmentation with your breast lift.
With breast augmentation, Dr. Miller can help you attain larger, fuller breasts with improved cleavage and symmetry. If you are considering a breast lift and want to know if the procedure is right for you, you’ll need to discuss your goals with Dr. Miller in a free, no-obligation consultation. During this important discussion and evaluation, you will collaborate with Dr. Miller to develop a tailored treatment plan that may include multiple procedures in order to attain the final results you desire.
As with all procedures performed by Dr. Miller, your voice is paramount. You will never be pressured into any procedure nor rushed into making any decisions. This is your life and your transformation. We are here to help you.
Following the completion of your mastopexy, Dr. Miller will wrap your breasts in a surgical dressing, which will be taken off during your follow-up appointment. You will need to use a supportive bra for a few more weeks after the procedure. Five to ten days after your surgery, Dr. Miller will remove your sutures.
Some patients experience discoloration and mild swelling after a breast lift. This is completely natural, and will gradually subside during the healing process. Some patients report diminished sensitivity in the nipples, but this effect is usually only temporary.
To ensure optimal healing, you should not lift anything heavy or engage in other strenuous activities for a few weeks after surgery. Depending on the physical demands of their jobs, most patients resume their occupational duties in about a week.
Dr. Miller will thoroughly explain what to expect before and after your breast lift, and provide you with detailed pre and postoperative instructions. Additionally, you are welcome to contact Dr. Miller at any point during the process with questions or concerns. He will schedule recurring follow-up visits with you to ensure your recovery and results are progressing well and as expected.
Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Stephen Miller is committed to impeccable service and world-class results. With over 20 years of proven excellence, he strives to help you look your very best and he won’t settle for anything less.
Don’t just take our word for it: Visit our before-and-after gallery to see examples of artistic precision for yourself!
Your customized breast lift procedure begins with an extensive personal consultation at our Las Vegas office. During this free consult, you will discuss the issues you would like to correct and work with Dr. Miller to develop an individualized treatment plan to help you achieve a youthful and natural-looking appearance.
Dr. Miller will guide you through each step of the process with honesty and integrity. We know what an important and personal decision plastic surgery is, and we are honored that you entrusted us with your care.
The cost of breast lift surgery can vary from patient to patient and depends on several key factors, such as:
- The degree of your ptosis
- The size and shape of your breasts
- The position and size of your nipples
- The amount of excess skin in your breast area
- Other procedures performed in conjunction with your mastopexy
During your initial consultation, Dr. Miller will discuss these factors with you and help determine the treatment plan that is right for you. You will be provided with a cost estimate and have the opportunity to discuss our payment and financing options with our friendly staff.
To learn more about breast lifts and your candidacy for the procedure, please call 702-369-1001 today to schedule a free consultation with Stephen M. Miller M.D. You can also click here to send us an email contact form, and our staff will help you set up your one-on-one appointment with Dr. Miller. We proudly serve Las Vegas, Henderson, Summerlin and nearby areas in Nevada.