Don’t let the fear of a lengthy surgical recovery keep you from getting a breast lift. Most women are able to head back to work after just one week and resume full activity in six. Here’s what you can expect during the healing process, along with some advice for making it more manageable:
- 2-3 days after surgery: You’ll need a ride home from your procedure. Your breasts will be wrapped in a dressing that you shouldn’t remove on your own. Walking is encouraged right away to boost circulation and minimize the risk of complications. However, most other activities should be limited, as it’s important to get good rest. On that note, be sure to prop yourself up with a few pillows to minimize swelling and tenderness as you sleep.
- 1 week after surgery: You may be able to head back to your office job at this point. If your career involves strenuous physical activity or heavy lifting, you’ll need to wait. Five to ten days following your breast lift, you’ll return to have your sutures removed. Continue to eat healthy and high-fiber foods and drink plenty of water to fuel yourself.
- 2 weeks after surgery: Moderate swelling and bruising is normal and should subside over the course of two to three weeks. During this time, wear a surgical bra for support. Most patients are able to comfortably perform daily activities around the two-week mark.
- 4 weeks after surgery: Avoid putting unnecessary stress on your breasts by steering clear of most physical activities until this point. You can typically begin to lift things heavier than a gallon of milk and resume light exercise. Stop if you feel uncomfortable.
- 6 weeks after surgery: It’s generally safe to jump back into your regular exercise routine. Reintroduce strenuous aerobic work and lifting activities as tolerated. You should receive the all-clear to submerge in bathtubs, pools, and hot tubs at the six-week point.
Get Personalized Post-Op Recommendations
Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Stephen Miller will provide detailed recovery guidelines. He will also give you personalized post-op advice tailored to match your occupation and lifestyle.
Schedule a complimentary consultation at 702-369-1001 to get started. We welcome patients from Las Vegas, Henderson, Summerlin, and nearby areas of Nevada.