Indications for Male Breast Reduction:
- Enlarged, female-like breasts in boys or men.
Intended Result of a Male Breast Reduction:
- To reduce the size of the breasts.
- To feel better about one’s physical appearance.
- To improve overall self-image.
Gynecomastia Reduction Procedure Description:
- The doctor will use liposuction and/or excision to remove the excess glandular tissue.
Length of Male Breast Reduction Procedure:
- A male breast reduction can take from one to three hours depending on the complexity of the procedure.
- This surgery is done on an outpatient basis with general anesthesia. You will be able to rest following your surgery in the comfort of your own home.
Gynecomastia Reduction Recovery & Aftercare:
- Patients may experience some degree of bruising, swelling and tenderness.
- Bed rest the day of surgery.
- Limited activity for the next two days following surgery.
- Avoid strenuous activities for about two to three weeks.
- Return to work in about one week.
- Male breast reduction surgery may be covered by certain insurance companies. Our office will work with your insurance company to determine the scope of your benefits. Otherwise, this surgery would be considered cosmetic.
- Liposuction may be used in conjunction with surgery to remove excess fat around the breast and enhance the overall contour of the new breasts. *Please discuss this option with the doctor.
**NOTE: The specific risks and the suitability of this procedure for any given individual can only be determined through a consultation with the plastic surgeon.
Learn about surgical options for male breast reduction by calling 702-369-1001 today. Your initial consultation with board-certified plastic surgeon Stephen M. Miller M.D. is free. Dr. Miller serves patients throughout the Las Vegas area, including Henderson, Summerlin and nearby communities in Nevada.