September 15, 2022
Cellulite is far more common than you think. It affects between 80 and 90 percent of adult women and approximately 10 percent of adult men. Even so, myths about cellulite abound. Board-certified Las Vegas plastic surgeon Dr. Stephen Miller debunks some of them below.
- Skinny women don’t have cellulite: Women of all shapes and sizes struggle with dimpled skin. After all, cellulite is about more than just excess fat. It’s related to a combination of thin skin, enlarged fat cells, and fibrous bands that create tension, all of which contribute to a cottage cheese texture on your butt and thighs.
- Losing weight will get rid of cellulite: Even top female athletes have cellulite. Those lumps and bumps don’t care that they eat healthily and train for countless hours each day. Sometimes, losing weight and building muscle just isn’t enough to treat cellulite.
- Liposuction is a good cellulite treatment: Many patients visit our practice thinking that they can eliminate excess fat and improve their skin texture at the same time. However, liposuction is not a very good method of cellulite reduction. In some cases, it can even accentuate uneven skin texture. Remember, cellulite isn’t caused by excess fat alone.
- Topical creams can make cellulite disappear: How great would it be if you could get smoother skin just by slathering on a fancy lotion? The companies that make cellulite creams want you to believe it’s that simple. Unfortunately, the cause of cellulite lies beneath the skin, and a topical product can’t penetrate deeply enough to reach it.
- There’s nothing you can do about cellulite: If losing weight and applying cellulite creams won’t help, what will? Fortunately, there are safe and effective cellulite treatments available today. CellulazeTM is a minimally-invasive laser treatment that addresses the root causes of cellulite to achieve smoother, more even skin.
Learn About Non-Surgical Cellulite Reduction in Las Vegas
If you’re bothered by unsightly cellulite and want to learn more about treating it with Cellulaze, please call us at 702-369-1001. Located in Las Vegas, our office proudly welcomes patients from across Nevada, including Henderson, Summerlin, and other nearby areas.