Tummy Tuck – Abdominoplasty Surgery
Indications for a Abdominoplasty:
- Excess skin and fat in the mid and lower abdomen.
- Protruding abdomen.
- Weakened muscles of the abdominal wall due to age or deformity from pregnancy.
Intended Result of Surgery:
- To achieve a flatter, trimmer abdomen.
- To feel better about one’s physical appearance.
- To fit into clothing better.
- To improve overall self image.
“I received a tummy tuck in January of 2004. I highly recommend Dr. Stephen Miller. I had a gastric bypass in 2000; therefore there was much excess skin to remove. I was so pleased with the results, and the way I was treated by Dr. Miller and his staff. They were the BEST!”
— C. B.
- An incision that extends from hipbone to hipbone is made just above the pubic area. The skin is separated from the abdominal wall, the navel is freed from the surrounding tissue and the large skin flap is lifted to gain access to the abdominal muscles. The muscles are then pulled close together to make them tight and the flap is then put back down over the abdominal wall. The new navel is created, the excess skin is trimmed and the flap is sutured into place.
Length of Abdominoplasty Procedure:
- An abdominoplasty takes approximately one to two hours, depending on whether it is a mini or full abdominoplasty.
- This surgery is done on an outpatient basis with general anesthesia. You will be able to rest following your surgery in the comfort of your own home.
Abdominoplasty Recovery & Aftercare:
- You will be sent to a recovery aftercare center after surgery.
- Patients may experience some degree of bruising, swelling, tenderness and/or numbness.
- Drains may remain in place for about three to seven days.
- Sutures or staples will be removed in about one to two weeks.
- An abdominal binder should be worn for a few weeks for support.
- Bed rest the day of surgery is recommended.
- Limit activity for the next two days following surgery.
- Avoid strenuous activities for about four to six weeks.
- Return to work in one to three weeks.
- Liposuction may be used in conjunction with abdominoplasty surgery to remove excess fat around the sides and back to enhance the overall contour of the stomach. *Please discuss this option with plastic surgeon Stephen Miller.
View Our Photo Gallery
Submit your review
I had a tummy tuck and body contouring and I am very happy with my results. The first couple of weeks after surgery were a little difficult but once I got passed that I was fine. Love my new body. I had several kids and wasnt happy with the way my abdomen looked. I can now sport a bikini and feel and look great. I am so thankful to Dr Stephen Miller and his staff. I highly recommend a tummy tuck for those that cant do it with exercise alone.