Microneedling Las Vegas
What is Micro-needling and how does it work?
It is a minimally-invasive non-surgical and non-ablative procedure for facial rejuvenation that involves the use of a micro-needling device to create controlled skin injury.
As each fine needle punctures the skin, it creates a channel or micro-wound. The controlled injury triggers the body to fill these micro-wounds by producing new collagen and elastin in the papillary dermis. In addition, new capillaries are formed. This neovascularisation and neocollagenesis following treatment leads to reduction of scars and skin rejuvenation, i.e., improved skin texture, firmness and hydration.
Skin needling is effectively used for:
- Reducing scars (including hypertrophic scars) caused by acne, surgery or thermal burns
- Fading stretch marks
- Reducing fine lines and deep wrinkles
- Correcting hyperpigmentation, Melasma or sun damage
- Tightening sagging skin.
Benefits of skin needling:
- Reduced risk of hyperpigmentation and scarring therefore safe on ethnic or dark skin.
- Suitable for thin and sensitive skin
- The treatment can be performed in an office setting and well tolerated and well accepted by the patients,
- It is cost-effective, and can be done on areas of skin not suitable for peeling or laser resurfacing, such as near eyes.
- As opposed to ablative laser resurfacing, the epidermis remains intact and is not damaged. For this reason, the procedure can be safely repeated every 4-6 weeks if needed.
- Treatment does not result in a line of demarcation between treated and untreated skin, as usually occurs with other resurfacing procedures. This allows for specific areas of scarring to be treated without the need to “blend” or “feather” at the treatment edges.
- The patient can resume regular activities within a few days, depending on the depth of penetration of the needles.
What is the skin needling procedure like?
- The procedure takes an hour to an hour and a half to complete, depending on the area to be treated and the severity of the problem.
- No lotions, makeup or other topical products are applied on the treatment area on the day of the procedure.
- The medical professional then applies a numbing cream (topical) on the treatment area.
- The skin is punctured in a cross hatching pattern using a skin needling device. The technician glides the device over the skin multiple times for best results.
- As each fine needle punctures the skin, it creates a channel or micro-wound stimulating skin cell regeneration.
- Multiple sessions may be needed to achieve the best results.
- A minimum of four-six weeks is recommended between treatments as it takes that long for new natural collagen to form.
Post procedure care:
- Skin needling is well tolerated by patients but dryness, scaling, redness and swelling may be seen after treatment, lasting for two to seven days, depending on the depth of penetration of the needles.
- Sun protection for several weeks is recommended.
- After the skin needling procedure, the face should be cleaned with a gentle cleanser before bed. The next day, the face may be cleansed with gentle cleanser, then apply growth factor and a gentle moisturizer. No makeup, retinols or other topical products that contains acids (glycolic, salicylic, vitamin C) for 5 days following your procedure.
- As the micro holes close quickly, postoperative wound infection is rare.
- Rejuvenation of skin may be seen as soon as 2 weeks and as long as 6-8 months after the procedure.
An acid wash may be added on to your procedure for additional benefits and results. It will further enhance skin texture, smooth wrinkles and correct sun damage.