Facelift Surgery in Las Vegas NV
Indications for Facelift ( Rhytidectomy ) :
- Facial wrinkles.
- Sagging skin around the midface.
- Sagging skin around the jowls and/or neck.
Intended Result of Facelift:
- To improve visible signs of aging.
- To reduce the deep cheek folds, jowls, and loose, sagging skin around the face.
- To achieve a natural, more youthful appearance.
Facelift Procedure Description:
- Incisions are made that are hidden in the hairline, the natural creases of the ear and in the lower scalp. The skin is separated from the underlying fat and muscle. The fat may be trimmed or suctioned to improve contour. After deep tissues are tightened, the excess skin is redraped, trimmed and sutured into place.
Length of Facelift Procedure:
- A facelift procedure can take from three to six hours depending on the complexity of the procedure.
- This surgery is done on an outpatient basis with general anesthesia. You will be able to rest following your surgery in the comfort of your own home.
Facelift Recovery & Aftercare:
- Patients may experience some degree of bruising and swelling to progressively resolve over two to four weeks.
- Bed rest the day of surgery is recommended.
- Limit activity for the first week following surgery.
- Avoid strenuous activities for about one to two weeks.
- Return to work within ten to fourteen days.
- A facelift is considered a cosmetic procedure; therefore insurance will not cover it.
Please discuss these additional options with the doctor.
- A Blepharoplasty (for wrinkles and/or bags around the eyes), Liposuction (for the removal of fat under the chin), or Laser surgery (for skin rejuvenation) may be performed in conjunction with the facelift procedure.
- Non surgical procedures may include BOTOX injections or injectable fillers.
View Our Facelift Photo Gallery
More Facelift Information
Submit your review
Stephen M. Miller, MD, PC, FACS
Average rating: 0 reviews