Blepharoplasty – Eyelid Lift Surgery in Las Vegas, NV
Indications for Blepharoplasty:
- Tired, listless appearance.
- Loss of peripheral vision due to droopy skin.
- Excess or sagging skin above the eyelids.
- Fat deposits under the eyes.
Blepharoplasty Intended Result:
- To achieve a more energetic, alert and youthful appearance.
- To eliminate the constant “tired” look caused by excess skin above and/or puffiness below the eyelids.
- To restore proper visual acuity.
- To improve overall appearance and self image, regardless of the original indication for surgery.
Eyelid Lift Procedure Description:
- An incision is made along the natural lines and creases of the eyelids. This enables the plastic surgeon to remove excess skin, fat, and muscle if indicated. The incisions are then closed with very fine sutures.
Length of Eyelid Surgery Procedure:
- A blepharoplasty can take from one to three hours depending on the complexity of the procedure.
- This surgery is done on an outpatient basis with general or local anesthesia. You will be able to rest following your surgery in the comfort of your own home.
Eyelid Lift Recovery & Aftercare:
- Patients may experience some degree of bruising and swelling to progressively resolve over ten to fourteen days.
- Bed rest the day of surgery.
- Limited activity for the next three to five days following surgery.
- Avoid strenuous activities for about one to two weeks.
- Return to work within seven to ten days.
- Blepharoplasty is usually deemed cosmetic unless the original indication for surgery was for visual field obstruction or ptosis. Our Las Vegas office will work with your insurance company to determine the scope of your benefits.
- A Facelift, Mini facelift, or Laser surgery may be performed in conjunction with the blepharoplasty procedure.
- Non surgical procedures may include BOTOX injections or injectable fillers.
*Please discuss these additional options with Dr Stephen Miller.
More Eyelid Lift Information
Submit your review