Breast Reduction – Reduction Mammoplasty in Las Vegas, Nevada
Indications for Breast Reduction:
- Large, sagging or uneven breasts, often causing back pain, neck pain and other medical problems.
- Restricted physical activity due to the size and/or shape of breast.
Intended Result of Mammoplasty:
- To reduce the size of large, pendulous breasts or correct sagging, uneven breasts.
- To alleviate back pain, neck pain and other medical problems associated with large breasts.
- To feel better about one’s physical appearance.
- To fit into clothing better.
- To improve overall self image.
- The doctor will make an “anchor” shaped incision that circles the areola, extends downward and follows the natural curve beneath the breast. Excess fat, glandular tissue and skin will be removed and the nipple and areola will be moved into their new position. Finally, the skin will be brought together from both sides of the breast, down over the areola to shape the new, lighter chest.
Length of Procedure:
- A Reduction Mammoplasty can take from two to four hours depending on the complexity of the procedure.
- This surgery is done on an outpatient basis with general anesthesia. You will be able to rest following your surgery in the comfort of your own home.
Recovery & Aftercare:
- Patients may experience some degree of bruising, swelling and tenderness.
- Dr. Miller may recommend a sports bra be worn for a couple of weeks following surgery.
- Bed rest the day of surgery is recommended.
- Limit activity for the next two days following surgery.
- Avoid strenuous activities for about four to six weeks.
- Return to work in about one week.
- Liposuction or a tummy tuck may be used in conjunction with surgery to remove excess fat around the breast and enhance the overall contour of the new breasts. *Please discuss this option with plastic surgeon Stephen Miller.
Submit your review
Stephen M. Miller, MD, PC, FACS
Average rating: 0 reviews