Breast Lift Surgery
Indications for Breast Lift:
- Sagging breasts with loss of shape and firmness.
Intended Result of Surgery:
- A more youthful appearing breast due to the higher positioning and renewed firmness.
- To raise and reshape sagging breasts due to the loss of skin elasticity most often caused by the aging process or following a pregnancy.
- To achieve symmetry following a mastectomy breast reconstruction.
Mastopexy Procedure Description:
- An incision is made outlining the skin that is to be removed and the new position for the nipple. Excess skin is removed from beneath the breast and the skin that was formerly located above the nipple is pulled together to reshape the breast. The breasts are now firmer, higher, and more youthful looking.
Length of Procedure:
- A mastopexy can take from two to three hours depending on the complexity of the procedure.
- This surgery is done on an outpatient basis with general anesthesia. You will be able to rest following your surgery in the comfort of your own home.
Recovery & Aftercare:
- Patients may experience some degree of bruising, swelling and tenderness.
- Dr. Miller may recommend a sports bra be worn for a couple of weeks following surgery.
- Bed rest the day of surgery is recommended.
- Limit activity for the next two days following surgery.
- Avoid strenuous activities for about four to six weeks.
- Return to work in about one week.
- Breast augmentation surgery may be used in conjunction with a breast lift to increase the breast size and firmness. *Please discuss this option with your Las Vegas plastic surgeon.
View Our Breast Lift Photo Gallery
Submit your review