Body Lift Surgery in Las Vegas, NV
Indications for Body Lift:
- Excess skin and fat in the abdominal area, hips, thighs, arms, buttocks, or legs as a result of massive weight loss.
Intended Result of Body Lift:
- To achieve a flatter, trimmer body contour.
- To feel better about one’s physical appearance.
- To fit into clothing better.
- To improve overall self image.
Body Lift Procedure Description:
- An incision that extends from hipbone to hipbone is made just above the pubic area. The skin is separated from the abdominal wall, the navel is freed from the surrounding tissue and the large skin flap is lifted to gain access to the abdominal muscles. The muscles are then pulled close together to make them tight and the flap is then put back down over the abdominal wall. The new navel is created, the excess skin is trimmed and the flap is sutured into place.
Additional Procedures on Plastic Surgery After Massive Weight Loss:
- Liposuction or tummy tuck surgery may be used in conjunction with body lift surgery to remove excess fat around various areas to enhance the overall contour of the body. *Please discuss this option with the doctor.
**NOTE: The specific risks and the suitability of this procedure for any given individual can only be determined through a consultation with plastic surgeon Stephen Miller.